Established in Fall 2004, in Santa Clara, California, Turkish American Business Connection (TABC) is a 501-c(6) non-profit organization. TABC advances the interests of Turkish-American businessmen and businesswomen, entrepreneurs and professionals from all industries through personal networking and professionally organized informative events. With relationships in Turkey with academic institutions and businesses, and with focus on local interests, the missions of TABC could be summarized as:
- To enhance the business careers of its members.
- To promote professional networking opportunities for and among its members and Turkish Americans.
- To foster professional relationships between businesses and professionals in Turkey and the U.S.
TABC's exclusive membership base includes people at the C and VP level from fortune 500 companies, as well as investors, entrepreneurs and engineers. TABC is the first address for the Turkish trade delegations to contact on the West Coast of the United States. In the six years of operation, TABC has hosted guests such as:
- Hon. Recep Tayyip Erdoğan Prime Minister, Turkish Republic
- Hon. Egemen Bağış Aid to Prime Minister, Chief Negotiator
- Hon. Şükrü Elekdağ - Member of the Parliament, CHP
- Hon. Nihat Ergün Minister, TR Ministry of Industry and Trade (2010)
- Hon. Nihat Ergün Minister, TR Ministry of Industry, Science and Technology (2011)
- Hon. Zafer Çağlayan Minister, TR Ministry of Economy
- Dr. Murat Yalçıntaş President, Istanbul Chamber of Commerce
- Mr. John Morgridge, Ex-Chairman of the Board, Cisco
- TUSIAD Trade Delegation
- Konya Trade Delegation
- Antalya Trade Delegation
- Izmir (IZKA) Trade Delegation
- Hitay Holding (former Teknoloji Holding) Delegation
- A Delegation from the Undersecretary of Defense
- And many other companies from Turkey.
TABC hosts an annual conference called the Turkish American Business Conference (TABCON) in Silicon Valley, and this one of a kind event on the west coast that brings Turkish and American Technology companies together. For more information please visit http://www.tabcon.org. Â Starting in 2007 TABC has initiated advisory services for companies that are in Silicon Valley looking to invest in Turkey and for Turkish companies that are looking to open up continental United States. Based on client feedback and project experience, TABC evolved its advisory support into education services. At the end of 2009, TABC started various programs in Silicon Valley and also is initiating a program in Turkey with a number of universities. The Silicon Valley based program is called Entrepreneurs Mind Exchange (EMex), where we bring expert entrepreneurs and investors together to teach the aspiring entrepreneurs on an informal platform. For more information you can visit our event page Emex. In 2011 we have initiated TurkishSpark a mentorship program, where Babur Ozden and Kerim Baran; two very experienced TABC advisors provide mentorship to aspiring entrepreneurs.
To learn more about TABC's programs and event please contact us.